Graduation research position at Awaves LabAfstudeeropdracht Onderzoek Stage Awaves
We are Awaves, a student startup on the campus of the University of Twente. We are building a DJ with artificial intelligence. This artificial DJ forms the basis of our Awaves Play party app, a music
streaming service that will take the music experience at student house parties to a higher level. We bring the DJ to your living room.
In order to do this we need state of the art technology that is able to compete with Spotify. This type of R&D is the sole purpose of Awaves Lab. An example of our technology is the research of Koen van den Brink, our lead A.I. programmer. He recently published his bachelor thesis on finding the drop in electronic music using neural networks.2 This technology comes from Awaves Lab and is applied in Awaves Play. Awaves Play is our flagship product which we are planning to introduce to the global consumer market.
We have a position open in Awaves Lab for a graduation thesis. There are several topics available:
(1) Awaves Spitfire – a series of algorithms that can create fully automatic mashups.
(2) Contextual music recommendation engine – train our state-of-the-art music recommender
(3) Beatmatching – further research into optimization of Koen’s algorithm for beatmatching
(4) General data science – research and develop methods that can turn our user data into training
data for all of the points mentioned above.
(5) Your own idea that we haven’t thought of yet.
Currently we are a team of ten and have an office in Incubase on the campus. We are ambitious but also like to have fun. We are always interested in new perspectives. We welcome discussion to brighten our horizon in order to create an inclusive aproach for all potential users. We believe that doing what you think is cool gives the best results. Therefore we strive to create a working environment where you are enabled and motivated to thrive at your full potential. Our backgrounds are in computer science, business, creative technology and philosophy of technology. One of us has a magnet implant in his index finger. Honesty, vigour and fun are our company values.
What we expect from you
– A relevant Bachelor or Master
– Passion for A.I. and research
– Willingness to learn fast
What we offer you
– Experience in an ambitious tech-startup
– A monthly (small) equity package as compensation
– A wholesome working environment