Area Controller H&MStartersbaan H&M
Be an analytical thinker & an action-oriented doer.Be an Area Controller @ H&M.
As an Area Controller, you work close to the core of our business – Our Stores. Your main objective is to drive sales and profitability growth in your area, covering approximately 20-30 stores. In your role, you lead with vision and develop the salesmanship and profitability mindset of our store managers, area teams and support functions. Together with the Area Team you are responsible for reaching our country goals by securing the store operations, driving selling and improving the customer service in your Area.
THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: As Area Controller you will have many responsibilities, including:
- DRIVE SELLING: With your Area Team you ensure strong Commercial Execution in stores. You Identify and act on business opportunities to improve the performance of your area. You follow up on your actions by using commercial KPIs.
- PLANNING & SCHEDULING: You are responsible for securing the scheduling and best practice processes that influence customer experience. With store managers you define the staff level per task, day and hour to secure the right amount of resources at the right time, aligning this with contract structure.
- SECURING OPERATIONS: You coach store teams on operational best practices to ensure that the setup of the store is optimized to deliver great customer experience and high task efficiency.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: You budget and plan & resources wisely and invest where you see potential. You follow up and act on Salary Cost development in your area. You monitor Shop Costs together with relevant functions & you initiate actions when needed.
- LEADERSHIP: You coach our colleagues on how to identify selling opportunities and take actions to improve the customer experience. You are the profit coach within your area and secure the knowledge among all stakeholders. You train controlling talents and drive their development to secure succession within the market. You define and communicate the strategy to reach the country goals together with the Area Team.
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS: As Area Controller you will put our values and global leadership expectations to work on a daily basis.
T0 APPLY YOU NEED:
- A university or Master degree within business or another academic field is an advantage.
- 2 or more years working experience in a similar position.
- To be able to work in Dutch and English is mandatory.
- A university degree within business or another academic field is an advantage.
- To be able to work 5 days.
- To be flexible to work & travel within 3 of the 4 areas in the Netherlands.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Sales Drive and result-oriented personality.
- Clear logical thinking and well-developed analytical skills – You turn analysis in to action!
- Detail oriented while being able to see the big picture and keep things simple.
- Strong organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire others to perform at their very best.
- An interest for working in a dynamic team and fast paced environment.
- Strong business mindset, great communication skills and a true team player.
Are you ready to be an Area Controller at H&M?